Sunday, April 20, 2008

there is difficulty in pouring my heart out when there is little to bleed.
fingers work harder when the sutures become puppet strings controlled by the brain.

this soul is restored. it is easy for time to fly when the stomach floats with each second. suspension at its finest. words that surround me in a golden shield and assure me that it will all be okay. these shields come in many forms, and I am lucky to have them in three. the best things come in threes. you, you, and you are no exception.

vacations separated by phases. phase one is coming to a close, and although this heart will stretch for miles, it will find comfort in another part of this organ. I never knew how many sizes it could grow, and it is as if the grinch has shared his knowledge with myself. his heart may have grown three sizes that day, but mine grows this number every day.

from freckles traced under those eyes to the toes that remind me I am alive.

from nicknames I thought I had lost to the tugs of hugs that will be restored. we may be under surveilence when I arrive, but uninvited eyes will not keep me from showing you how much I have missed you. I am grateful that I am still a part of this life, and I do not know how I will be able to show you so.

from evidence of looking up to your elders to the mornings that make me grateful I am that elder. I am taking you out of that shell for fresh air, because you are not a turtle. it is not attached to your body, and you will discover you just needed a push.

there are no complaints from these eyes. they are clear in mind and full in the soul. the songs that can sperad through these lungs can call celebration for days.

I will miss you, but it only means that I will see you again.